Easter in Northumberland is a time for celebration and reflection. There are many things to do and see in the county during this special time of year.
Some of the most popular Easter activities in Northumberland include:
- Visiting Bamburgh Castle: This iconic castle is a must-see for any visitor to Northumberland. The castle is open to the public and offers guided tours, as well as a variety of other activities and events.
- Taking a walk in the Alnwick Garden: This beautiful garden is a great place to enjoy the spring flowers and the stunning views of the Northumberland countryside. The garden also has a variety of other attractions, such as a maze and a water garden.
- Visiting Howick Hall Garden & Arboretum: This beautiful garden is home to a variety of plants and flowers, as well as a number of historical features, such as a Georgian farmhouse and a medieval church. The garden also has a variety of other attractions, such as a playground and a café.
- Attending a church service: Northumberland is home to a number of beautiful churches, many of which offer special Easter services.
- Eating and drinking traditional Northumberland produce: Northumberland is known for its delicious food, and Easter is a great time to try some of the traditional dishes. Some popular products from Northumberland include Lindisfarne Mead, Jacks Tea and Easter Sunday lunch eaten at one of the wonderful restaurants in the area
No matter what you choose to do, Easter in Northumberland is a time of celebration and joy.