Lindisfarne Cream Liqueur Cheesecake with Northumbrian Bakehouse Luxury Butter Shortbread Base
March 14, 2023 1 min read
A perfect Mother’s Day dessert, so easy the children can make it!
Three of our fabulous producers are represented in this recipe
250g Northumbrian Bakehouse Luxury Butter Shortbread
100g Unsalted Butter, melted
500g full fat cream cheese
100g icing sugar
2 tbsp Lindisfarne Cream Liqueur
100g bar Moo Moos Artisan Chocolate – 90g chopped into small pieces
- Grease and line a 20cm round springform cake tin
- Put the biscuits in a bowl or freezer bag and bash with the end of a rolling pin until they
- turn to crumbs
- Add the melted butter to the biscuits and stir until resembles wet sand. Tip into the base
- of the tin, pressing down with the back of a spoon. Chill in the freezer
- Put the cream cheese into a bowl and whip until smooth, sieve in the icing sugar, add
- the Lindisfarne Cream Liqueurand stir until combined
- In a separate bowl whip the cream to soft peaks and fold into the cream cheese and liqueur mixture.
- Mix in the chopped chocolate
- Spoon the mixture on top of the chilled biscuits base. Using a potato peeler add shards
- of the remaining chocolate to the top of the cheesecake
- Put the cheesecake back into the freezer for at least 2 hours to set
- Serve frozen or slightly defrosted with a shot of Lindisfarne Cream Liqueur on the side.